Saturday, May 23, 2009

Psalm 1 - Day 2

I have been challenged to read Psalms 1 every day for 21 days and to keep a journal in had. I've decided to get back to blogging so I will use this as my journal.
SO Day 1 was just reading the whole verse. It is not very long but back with a lot of great wisdom. I also thought I would read different versions of the Bible with it. So I got on www.BibleGateway.com and began looking. I copied the Amplified Bible version 1st...I like simple!
Today I am reading the New Living Translation and looking at this one line at a time...
Oh the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners or join in with the mockers. But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night.

In my 1st glance and the simpleness of my mind so early in the morning I feel like this is reminding me that my joy comes from being in the word and under the umbrella of God. It seems like any time I have stepped out from under that and joined in with petty gossip, followed advice from those who are quick to anger and can lead me down that path are the times that I do not have joy in my heart...it is usually more strife. Hummm, I am dealing with a situation right now, that I need to meditate on those words today and see what I can change...
More tomorrow!

No comments: