Monday, July 13, 2009

Fire in the Engine Room and other lessons


On Sunday, Pastor Greg spoke about sin being the fire in the engine room that threatens to destroy the journey for all of us. Over the past few weeks God has been speaking into my life about a plan that He has for me but that the enemy wants to destroy my/our testimony. After yesterdays sermon I have put a plan in place. One of the big areas I could see this happening is the area of me dating and possible sexual sin. I want to enter into my next marriage pure. I want Gods hand, blessings, angels everything all over that marriage and I don't want to mess it up with sexual sin. So I am working on a plan.

I have decided that a single man not related to me should never be at my house when it is just the two of us. Nor me at his. I love late night movies on the sofa but I can give those up with my significant someone in order to protect both of us from temptation.

I am also asking two women, whom I admire and have a longer walk with the Lord to walk with me, hold me accountable and help me grow.

All of this has also lead me deeper in my current study. Prepare to find the Love you Desire by Kenn Kington. This study has revolutionized my thought process. I have never been more confident deep in my heart that God has the perfect mate out there for me. My job is to become what I am looking for. This weeks lesson we had to write down the traits we are looking for in a mate. Here are the things I am looking for...hummm decided not to share that. So to the point...We have been encouraged to memorize some awesome Scripture and make it part of who we are.

The 1st one was Philippians 4:8...Finally, brethren, (A)whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

The 2nd one was Galations 5:22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

And our latest is 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 We all know this one as the love verse...but how much of it can you write down before reading the rest?....if you are anything like me you knew the 1st 3 or 4. Now here is the whole thing...Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

I am doing all I can to be that person...I want to be held accountable, I want this to become my heart, which in turn will be my mouth. I want to be the light of Christ and not darkness in any ones life. I know that everyone will not like me and that's OK but I want to stand before God and be able to say I did my best! Will you walk this walk with me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin earning with a money that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]