Saturday, June 27, 2009

Adventures in Union

This week I had the honor of going to help with Union County's FCA Power Camp. Power Camp is designed for rising 2nd - 6th graders. They come to camp each day to participate and learn skill in basketball, football, soccer or cheerleading. Each day they have praise and worship, time in their sport and a devotional. It was such a blessing to be there, help James, and meet the people of Union. What a great town.

I had two big God size things happen this week. One requires back groud info, so here it goes. Before I left my Dad gave me $200. I needed something from Walmart before we left, ran in and stuck the cash in my pocket and not my purse. By the next day I realized I had dropped that money out of my pocket and in Walmart. I called to see if it had been turned in and it had not. I was angry, first at myself and then at whoever picked it up. I then began to pray that God would bless whoever had picked it up and that He would change my negative attitude! I had totally let go of the money and knew God would provide. Fast forward from Sunday to Thursday... Nick and I drove to Spartenburg to have lunch and check out a new Christian Book Store. When we were leaving there was a man and his dog who was obviously homeless sitting under a tree. He did not pan handle or even look up at us or anyone else in the parking lot. We got in the car and began to leave and I felt that small voice inside of me that said, "The least you can do is give him $5". I shared this with Nick and we pulled the car back around. I pulled up next to him and gave him the money. We then left to go get Ice cream. It was then Nick said "Mommy, I think God wants us to give him one of the new shirts we got so he does not get a sunburn" So this time we went back and Nick got out, gave the man the shirt and told him why God wanted him to have it. With tears in his eyes the man said thank you! It was an awesome moment and a great discussion for Nick and I the whole way home. Friday morning I was getting dressed and reached into my pants pocket to straighten it out and found my missing $200! These were not the pants I wore that day, I am 100% sure of that! Plus I had spent $50 of it!

My other huge God moment was Friday. If you have spoken to me since I got back, you know I have little to no voice. I began with a sore throat on Tuesday and began praying against illness. I also asked several of my prayer warriors to pray with me on this. Wednesday - Thursday afternoon I felt pretty good. By Thursday my sore throat was back. Friday morning was great with the kids, we had a great speaker and I was to go up and do the alter call. I got up spoke and then prayed for the kids. It was awesome. We had some where around 50 kids make a decision for Christ. The moment I said Amen, my voice was gone. I believe with all my heart the enemy did not want that alter call made and God protected my voice till then end! His timing is perfect!

So today I rest and get ready to head to Girls Basketball Camp on Sunday! I cant wait to see what is around the corner!!!

No comments: